For just $6 for one, $12 for a 2-pack and $23 for a 4 pack, the Gosund Mini Wi-Fi Smart Plug WP3 is one of the cheapest smart plugs. The basic and circular design looks nice and provides an easy way to automate household devices. With the Gosund Mini Wi-Fi Smart Plug WP3 you get whta you pay for, it’s not a premium smart plug but it does what it’s intended to do and it does a good job at it. Nonetheless, Gosund works with Google Home and Amazon Alexa to deliver basic functionality at a low price. If you want to automate some up to 50 devices or lamps in your house, this may be the cheapest and easiest way to do it.
The round face design of the Gosund Mini Wi-Fi Smart Plug WP3 is nice looking, but overall it doesn’t same that much space on your outlet when compared to it’s square & rectangular competitors, and it’s possible to block some other large plugs. Setup is easy, if you follow the directions. Gosund uses a third-party app called Smart Life. Smart Life app controls Gosund’s plug as well as plugs from other brands including the VIMVIP Wi-Fi Socket and HeyGo Wi-Fi Smart Plug. The Smart Life app can be used to control your plugs as well as linking them to Google Home and Amazon Alexa for voice commands, but it does support Siri or HomeKit.
Once setup with your Alexa or Google Home, voice commands work great, rename your devices as needed. The Smart Life app can schedule devices on/off on a timer, it gives you manual control of your devices and scenes as well. Once linked to your Alexa you have a little more control of your devices with scenes, triggered routines & schedules. You can create scenes to turn the plug on or off based on times or events like sunrise and sunset and local weather conditions. That’s where the functionality stops. Competitors offer more functionality at a higher price such as away modes and power monitors.
If you’re looking for a cheap smart plug that turns devices on and off with Alexa and Google Home voice commands, the Gosund Mini Wi-Fi Smart Plug is your plug. If you’re still unsure if this is the right plug for you, order one and test it out, you’re only out $6 bucks if you don’t like it.
Gosund WiFi Smart Plug Setup
The Gosund WiFi smart plug works in a Type B socket and the total installation process takes 10 minutes. Download the Smart Life app on your iOS or Android device, and connect it to your 2.4GHz (Not 5GHz) wireless network. There are 2 apps that can be used, Gosund and Smart Life. Smart Life is the better app, so we’ll skip the Gosund App.
- Install the Smart Life app on your android or iOS device.
- Tap ‘Register’ to create an account using your email address or mobile number.
- Plugin your new Gosund smart plug and wait for the blue light on it.
- Tap the ‘+’ icon or the ‘Add Device’ option.
- Choose ‘Auto Scan’ and wait for your device to find your new plug.
- Connect your smart plug to a 2.4GHz network.
- On the home screen, you’ll see all of all your Gosund smart plugs and their statuses. You can manually switch them on or off from here.
- You can also tap on individual plugs to access their settings, rename them, etc.
- In each devices settings you can set up timers and schedules to toggle them on/off.
- Use the ‘Smart Scenes’ tab to multiple Gosund plugs together to operate as a single device to turn your entire living room on at the same time.
- Use the ‘Automations’ tab to configure slightly more advanced automation such as triggered on/off at sunset/sunrise or when it rains.
From The Manufacturer
Gosund Mini Smart Plug WP3 makes Your Home Smart How to add device on Gosund App? Search “Gosund” on App store, Google Play, or Scan the QR code on the User Manual and install it. The free app “Gosund” is compatible with mobile devices IOS 8.0 above, Android 4.4 above. Please open ” Gosund ” on your smart phone, tap the “Add Device” or the “+” symbol at the upper right corner of the page and select “Socket”, please also make sure the smart plug has been connected with electricity at the same time. 1. The indicator of the Gosund smart plug should rapidly blink during connection with electricity, that means you can click “Confirm indicator rapidly blink” directly. 2. Choose your home Wi-Fi (make sure the Wi-Fi you choose is same as the Wi-Fi your phone connected and it’s 2.4Ghz instead of 5.0Ghz) and enter correct password and confirm. Waiting for configuring successfully, the tap “Done”. Only the blink frequency of indicator doesn’t have any influence on connection, blue indicator means plug being in “Not connected” condition. Red indicator means plug being in “connection succeeded” condition. 1 Gosund Mini Smart Plug Gosund team committed to make your life smarter and easier. #Must Have. 1 What’s in Box: >Gosund Mini Socket * 4, User Manual * 1 Technical Specifications >Working Temp: -10 ~ 60 ℃ >Wi-Fi Requirement: 2.4Ghz Only >Rated Voltage: 125V >Rated Current: 10A Max >AC Frequency: 2.4 Ghz >Max power: 1200W Note: 1. The maximum power changed as local voltage. 2. Support smart phone IOS 8.0 above, Adroid 4.4 above. 3. The smart plug can only support 2.4G network when connecting. Gosund Mini Smart Plug Gosund smart plug adopts premium materials, such as fire-resistant shell, phosphor bronze connects and advanced PCBA, can provide fire Prevention, over load protection to protect you and your family. Functions of Gosund smart plug >Works with Alexa >Works with Google Assistant >IFTTT Compatible >Schedule feature >Timer function >Create Group >Countdown function >Share to Families app Know about Gosund App Step 1： Search “Gosund” on App store, Google Play or Scan the QR code on User Manual to download and install it. Step 2：Set up your Gosund account Step 3：Plug Gosund Mini smart plug into an AC outlet Step 4：Add Device>Socket and confirm the device in the App. Step 5：Connect the plug to your local Wi-Fi with your phone connecting to it. Step 6：Schedule your appliances. Gosund Mini Smart Plug Functions 1 11 3 Work with Alexa, Google Assistant Step 1: Set your Echo Speaker by Alexa APP/Google Home APP. Step 2: Enable a Skill which is “Gosund” in Alexa APP/Google Home App. Step 3: Link your Gosund account to skill. Step 4: Discover the smart plug and control your device with voice. Note: Set up Gosund before setting up Alexa/Google Home. Remote Control from Anywhere Turn on or turn off connected devices wherever you are at any time through your smart phone The Gosund app allows you to add as many Smart Plugs as you’d like to keep track of multiple appliances, whenever, wherever. Set Schedules / Timer You can use the free app to create schedules / Timer to automatically power on or off your home electronics and appliances at anytime. Scheduling allows you to prevent power-hungry devices from being left on longer than needed.
- Ease of Use: Gosund smart wifi plug can control your electrical items via your phone whenever and wherever you are after downloading the free app as long as there is a 2.4g network. Ideal for people who can not move around very well and need easy access to turn on/off a device.
- Smart and Easier Life: By setting schedules and timers for the lamp, turn of lights before you get home so you don’t walk into a dark home.
- Forget to shut things down? Forget to turn on/off your tamp or fan? Worry about overcharging? Want to give the appearance of someone is home? Gosund Smart Plug can help you control your home appliances, eliminate wasteful standby power and reduce energy use, save on your electric bills and extend product life.
- Compatibility: Gosund smart plug works with Amazon Alexa and Google Home; Compatible with Android 4.4. and iOS 8 above; Does not work with SmartThing, Homekit, Bluetooth.
- Ease of Install: Just plug a device into the smart wifi and alexa outlet and connect to your Wi-Fi network with “Gosund” App. ETL listed, FCC, RoHS.
Get the best smart outlets and enjoy the peace of mind only the best home plugs can provide. Each smart wifi outlet features safety features like fire-resistant shell, advanced PCBA circuit with fire prevention & overload protection, and phosphor bronze contacts. The app controlled outlets also meet all safety standards and regulations by FCC and RoHS, and come with a 12-Month limited warranty.