We are nearing that time of year again! The time of year that calls for gift-giving. If you have a toddler or young child you’ll want to check out this list on the best ride on cars to top their Christmas wish list. These toys are sure to make them smile.
Ride on cars are always a big hit at Christmas
time. These toys give a child a sense of independence as they excitedly get
behind the wheel of their first ride. Children love to imitate their parents
and driving is no exception. These also provide a great opportunity to fine
tune important motor skills while learning navigation of a movable object.
Kids grow at an alarming rate and because ride
on toys can come at an expense it’s worth investing in one that will last.
Considerable aspects to look for include:
- Average run time – this will vary
based on factors such as speed and the terrain but we like to look for a
ride-on that can last on average between 1-2 hours.
- Accommodates kids of varying ages
– Look for models that have adjustable features or the ability to accommodate
your child as they grow. If you have more than one child close in age a
2-seater vehicle may be a wise investment.
- Durable design – some of the
models of popular toy vehicles you come across in large retailers are found on
display. These are a great visual to get an idea on how sturdy the body of the
car is. You can also refer to consumer reviews for quality.
Taking these factors into account, here are
some of the best ride on cars to consider when it comes to value.
Best Ride on Toys — 2020
Wheels Dune Racer
Recommended ages: 3 to 7 years
- Monster Traction system drives on hard surfaces, wet grass, and rough terrain
- Drives 2.5 and 5 mph forward and 2.5 mph in reverse
- Metal sidebars for hand support
- Power Lock Brake System
- Includes 12-volt battery and charger
Let them take off in this cool dune racer for
offroading fun. The Power Wheels dune racer sports a really cool aesthetic with
an open cockpit design. Your young adventurer can tackle the backyard or rough
terrain with room to grow. A friend or sibling can ride along in this 2-seater
for double the fun. The racer can support a total weight limit up to 130
pounds! It features a Monster Traction system to travel on uneven terrain or
even wet grass with ease. The sturdy frame design is built tough to boot.
This racer will have your young rider feeling
large and in charge with safety in mind. There are two forward speeds: 2.5 mph
and 5 mph. It drives in reverse at 2.5mph. Additional safety features included
are Power Lock brake system, metal sidebars on each side to provide hand
support, and belt straps. It’s powered by a 12V battery which is included with
Perego New Holland T8 Tractor & Trailer
Recommended ages: 3 to 7 years
- 2-Speeds: 2.25-4.5 mph (plus reverse)
- Rechargeable battery powered
- Farm Tractor Wheels
- Windshield + smoke stack
- Ages 3-7
- 85 pounds
For the farmer at heart, the New Holland T8 is
equipped with many cool features for riders to enjoy. It drives forward in 2
speeds: 2.5 and 4.5 mph with traction to drive on dirt and grass as well as
hard surfaces. It has a functioning FM radio and a detachable trailer to load
up and carry around their favorite farmyard toys with an opening tailgate.
Realistic features like a smokestack and windshield can give your little rider
a sense of independence as they drive around the yard.
There are a few additional features that make
this one of the best ride on cars for early beginners. The tractor is equipped
with a 2nd gear safety feature which allows parents to lock out the vehicle
speed to 2.5mph for younger riders. The seat can also be adjusted to
accommodate your child as they grow and features flip up armrests. The weight
limit is 85 pounds. The radio requires 2 AA batteries. It comes with a 12V
battery and charger and some assembling is required.
Best Choice – 12V Ride On Truck w/ Remote Control
Recommended ages: 3 to 8 years
- REALISTIC DESIGN: Made with an adjustable seatbelt for safety, bright LED lights, and a 12V motor with 3 speed options: low/medium/high (3.7mph max)
- MANUAL AND REMOTE CONTROL: Let your child drive manually or use the remote control to safely guide them yourself; remote has forward/reverse controls and speed selection
- STYLISH AND DURABLE: Crafted with a durable, non-toxic plastic body and 14-inch traction wheels with a spring suspension system for outdoor adventures in grass or dirt
- CONNECT YOUR MUSIC: A built-in AUX outlet allows kids to plug in media devices to drive while jamming to their own selection of music
- RECHARGEABLE BATTERY: A charger and rechargeable battery are included, so you can always rev up the fun for your child
- OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 45″(L) x 31″(W) x 31″(H);
- Weight Capacity: 65 lbs.;
- Recommended for ages: 3-8 years
This ride-on high
performance truck will certainly make a statement. A spring suspension system
and 14” traction tires have been incorporated for a smooth ride in dirt or
grass. The detailed exterior features add a cool factor with functioning
headlights and tail lights. The SUV even features built-in kid tunes or use the
MP3 auxiliary cord to play their favorites while cruising along.
This truck comes with
a parental control remote suitable for beginner drivers to help steer and
control speed. It can be manually operated by the driver when they are ready to
use the pedal and steering wheel. Young drivers can switch between forward and
reverse using the gear shift with 3 speed options from low to high up to
3.7mph. The single child seat features a real seat belt for safety and
accommodates up to 65 pounds. The rechargeable battery and charger are
Perego John Deere Ground Force Tractor with Trailer
One of the absolute best ride on toys. A timeless classic. Ages: 3 to 7 years
- 2 speeds plus reverse; 2¼ & 4½ mph. (4½ mph lockout for beginners)
- Accelerator pedal with automatic brakes
- Farm tractor wheels provide traction on grass, dirt, gravel or pavement.
- Extra large stake-side trailer
- Working FM radio
- Adjustable seat with flip-up armrests
Nothing brings out the farmer in a kid quite like a John Deere tractor.
This little green tractor by Peg Perego packs a big punch for a
battery-operated toy vehicle. It is noticeably bigger and heavier than
similar-types of its kind to withstand what your little farmer will put it
through. It features 4-wheel drive and tires with durable traction to ride
through grass and gravel. The stake-side trailer attached makes this ride-on
functional to load up their treasures to get from point A to point B.
It has 2 speeds, 2.5 mph and 4.5 mph, with a lockout at 4.5 mph for
beginners. The seat adjusts as your child gets bigger and armrests flip up.
It’s designed to support up to 85-pounds. The tractor also has a built-in FM
radio so children can listen to their favorite tunes while driving along. It
runs on a 12-volt rechargeable battery with the charger included.
Kids Mercedes C63S Ride-On Car
Recommended ages: 2 to 5 years
- Approved and Manufactured under Official License from Daimler Benz
- ASTM F963 Compliant Product (US Consumer Toy Safety Standard)
- Suitable for Boys or Girls 2-5 Years Old (Or Younger, Under Supervision of Adult) with Maximum Rider Weight of 66 lb
- 12V Rechargeable SLA Battery, 2 Motors, 2 Speeds – High and Low (3 Speeds controlled by Parental Remote), Maximum speed 2-4 Mph
- Shifter Switch, High/Low Speed Switch, Lights ON/OFF Switch
- riding on paved flat surfaces (Not for riding on sand, mud or grass)
- Function Long Range 2.4Ghz Parental Remote Control with remote
- function and Manual Control Override. Ride-On Toy can be operated in Full Manual or full Assisted Remote Control mode.
- Soft Start and Electric Brake System for Gradual Acceleration and Reliable Braking
- Steering Assisted System with Auto Return to Center Position
- Soft and comfortable PU Leather seat with 2 Point Safety Seat Belt
- Front + Rear Spring Shock Suspension, One Button Wheel Assembly System
- Realistic working LED Headlights / Tail Lights / Dashboard Lights and Gauges
- AMG Sport Style Wheels with Zero Maintenance Soft EVA Foam Rubber Tires, Provide Very Comfortable and Quiet Ride
- Integrated MP3 Player with AUX MP3 Audio Input, Plays files from Micro SD card, USB Flash Drive (Recommended) or external devices like iPod, iPad, iPhone or Android Phones
- Horn and Sound Buttons on the Steering Wheel, Battery Voltage Meter on Dashboard
- Integrated Folding Handlebar and Folding Rear Caster Wheels to transport the car Without Battery Power
- Smart Battery Charging Technology, Automatically controls Battery Charge and Prevents Overcharging
- Extremely Easy to Assemble, Requires Less Than 15 min
- Battery Charging Time 1 – 8 Hours (Automatically controlled), Riding Time 1 – 2 Hours (Depending on ride conditions). Battery is located in trunk compartment and can be easily removed if necessary.
- Assembled Dimensions: Length – 46″, Height – 21″, Width – 28″ (With Mirrors)
Shipping Weight: 47 lb
This Mercedes C636S ride-on car is actually
manufactured under the Official License to replicate the real thing! The soft
EVA foam rubber tires provide a quiet and smooth ride on pavement in addition
to the spring shock suspension system built-in. Additional features like functioning
lights, MP3+MP4 entertainment system, and realistic horn sounds add fun and
function to their ride. This car reaches 3 forward speeds between 2-5 mph in
parental control and 2 speeds when driving manually with 1 speed in reverse.The
long-range 2.4Ghz parental remote allows you to be in control while your child
is still learning.
It’s equipped with a soft start system to
accelerate gradually and STOP function with a reliable brake system. The single
seat has an adjustable seat belt for safety and supports a total weight of 66
pounds. It operates on a large capacity 12V battery that provides up to 60-90
minutes run-time based on speed and proper battery care. It is not designed to
handle driving through uneven terrain or grass.
The battery features overload and overcharge
protection with the included charger. A battery-level indicator is also
featured on the dashboard with the battery life remaining and when it needs to
be recharged. For added convenience, the car features folding caster wheels and
a folding handlebar for easier transport when the car has no power.
Kids Explorer 2 (Two) Seater
Recommended ages: 2 to 6 years
Young explorers will love everything this cool
truck has to offer with exciting features. It has functioning LED lights all
around from the headlights, LED light bars, dashboard lights and gauges, tail
lights and even an underbody soft blue LED light kit. The EVA foam rubber tires
also feature LED lights. This 2-seater can accommodate 2 toddlers from 2 to 4
years or a single driver 3 to 6 years of age. It’s equipped with front and rear
shock absorbers to provide a smooth ride. Young drivers can also cruise along
to their favorite tunes from the built-in MP3 player with bluetooth capability
and additional input options for external devices.
The parental remote control offers 3 speeds
from 2-5 MPH forward, 1 speed reverse, and remote Stop with a long-range of
2.4Ghz. It has a 2-way convertible seat belt that can be adjusted from one
rider to two riders. The truck can support a total weight limit of 100 pounds.
The battery-powered truck runs on 2 powerful motors with a removable 12V
battery that can be swapped out and features overload protection to ensure
long-lasting quality. It has a run time of 45-90 minutes depending on riding
conditions and speed. A battery voltage meter allows you to gauge how much
battery life is remaining so you know when to recharge it.
Perego Case IH Magnum Tractor/Trailer
Recommended ages: 3 to 7 years
- Pink & Red Available
- Large stake-side trailer
- Large aggressive hood
- 2nd gear lockout
- 12 volt rechargeable battery
- Ages 3-7
- 2 Speeds: 2.25-4.5 mph (plus reverse)
Peg Perego makes the coolest and the best ride on toys for kids — in my humble opinion. Their designs are stylish, nostalgic and very well-made. The perfect combination when deciding where to spend your money.
Two More models : One Pink — One Smaller
OVERVIEW — Case IH Magnum Tractor/Trailer
This tractor boasts power and traction to plow
through grass and rough terrain. Young riders will love driving it on grass,
dirt and even gravel with a detachable trailer for hauling sticks, leaves and
toys around the yard. This tractor is designed with 4-wheel drive for better
traction and features an automatic break when they let up on the accelerator
pedal. It drives at 2 speeds forward from 2.25 mph (first gear) up to 4.4mph in
second gear. It can also drive in reverse at 1 speed.
A second gear lock out feature is incorporated
as a safety mechanism for younger drivers until they’ve mastered control.
Simply unscrew the mechanism to allow 2nd gear use when they’re ready to speed
things up. The seat can be adjusted to grow with your young driver and the armrests
flip up. The tractor supports a weight capacity up to 85 pounds. It comes with
the 12V rechargeable battery and charger with an average run time of .
Deere Gator Ride On Car Toy
Recommended ages: 3 years and up
- Single-seat riding vehicle for outdoor adventure
- Comes with lights, sounds, two detachable water
- An input jack for your personal music device
- For ages 3 and up
This John Deere Gator was built for fun!
Sporting the classic John Deere style, it’s a favorite among fans and early
farmer enthusiasts. It comes with 2 water bazookas at the top that detach for
outdoor fun. It also features an input jack you can connect an external device
into for music. The compartment in the back can also hold a few small items
like toys or tools. Young riders can enjoy additional features like a working
horn and lights as they cruise along.
It drives forward and in reverse at a speed of
2.5mph, safe yet fast enough satisfy young drivers. The single seat ride-on car
is designed to support up to 85 pounds. The battery-powered ride on vehicle
runs on a 6V rechargeable battery included. It has an average run time of 1-2
hours on a full charge depending on terrain. Total charging time takes 4 hours
and the charger is included.
Perego Polaris Outlaw Citrus
Recommended ages: 3 to 7 years
- 2-Speeds: 2.5 mph to 5 mph (plus reverse)
- All terrain wheels
- Realistic look
- Rechargeable battery powered
- Ages 3-7
- Weight Max = 85lbs
Young adventure seekers will love this
battery-powered ATV. It sports realistic features of an actual ATV while
offering a safer ride for young thrill-seekers. It drives forward at 2 speeds
from 2.5 to 5mph and in reverse. All-terrain tires allow this battery-powered
ATV to joy ride through dirt, grass and gravel. The rear wheels each have their
own motor for rear-wheel drive giving better traction.
The seat and ample leg room give your young
rider longer use as it can easily accommodate children up to 7 years of age or
older. Maximum weight capacity the ATV supports is 85 pounds. There is a 2nd
gear lockout feature for younger riders to drive at a safe speed. There is also
an automatic stop feature when their foot comes off the accelerator pedal. The
Polaris Outlaw is powered by a 12V battery included with the charger.
When your young rider is ready for their own
set of wheels, these are among the best ride on cars to give them a sense of
independence.They will love cruising around in pride of their ride. To get the
best value and long-lasting use from your battery-powered vehicle be sure to
follow proper care recommendations per the manufacturer.